I got the original recipe from Paleo mom blog. here
and it is wonderful! I love her posts.
- 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 dates
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Extra oil/butter for the pan
- Peel plantains and cut into chunks and place pieces in your food processor . add in pitted dates and Blend to form a smooth batter
- Add in Eggs, vanilla, melted butter and blend in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process on high for an additional minute or two to get a smooth batter.
- Cook as you would with a normal pancake. About 1-2 minutes per side. Look for the bubbles before you flip.
- dress with maple syrup or eat plain. the dates add a bit of sweetness to the pancake itself.